For decades Alfa Laval has provided palm oil mills with efficient equipment to convert sterilized and pressed palm fruit into crude oil, playing a key part in shaping the design of today’s oil room.
- Decanter: The decanter centrifuge separates solids from one of two liquid phases in one single continuous process, using centrifugal forces that can be well beyond 3000 times greater than gravity.
- Nozzle separator: Intended for the separation of sludge from the underflow of the settling tank. Can also be used for further oil recovery after a decanter centrifuge or from sterilizer condensate. Find out more on PASX710.
- Purifier: A solids ejecting disc stack centrifuge designed for intermittent discharge of solids, while separating a mixture of two liquids. PAPX307 for 8m3/h; PAPX10 for 16 m3/h.
- Desanding cyclone: A highly efficient desander used for the removal of fine sand and particle from sludge water or crude oil. Normally installed before a separator, decanter or other process equipment to provide pre-treatment and protect the equipment against excessive wear.
Meet the new PANX 800
With the introduction of Alfa Laval's new palm oil decanter centrifuge model, PANX 800, the PANX range is now suitable for every size of palm oil mill, from 30 to approximately 90 tons of fresh fruit bunches (FFB) per hour, and for a variety of crude palm oil applications.
Ban Dung palm oil industries impressed with the Alfa Laval PANX 800
The Alfa Laval PANX 800 is a cumulation of decades of innovation and breakthrough by the Alfa Laval R&D team. This high capacity and high performance decanter is now ready to meet the needs of the palm oil industry.
D3 PRO System
Maximize oil recovery with D3 PRO System
Your all-in-one clarification/purification and oil recovery solution for crude palm oil processing. A profitable alternative to traditional settling tank technology. Can be configured as an automated system capable of operating 24 hours a day, with minimum maintenance or supervision.
D3 PRO benefits
- Up to 30% reduction in water consumption and effluent
- Maximum oil recovery, higher yield and profit
- Consistent separation and oil quality – no unnecessarily long holding time and exposure to oxidation
PANX decanter for recovering palm oil from empty fruit bunch (EFB) liquor
If you own or operate a crude palm oil plant you know that during the extraction process, particularly during the sterilization cycles, considerable amount of water and valuable oil are absorbed into the fruit bunches.... and that this oil is difficult to recover.
Alfa Laval PANX decanter benefits
- Improved palm oil separation in a cost-efficient way
- High performance with low energy consumption thanks to an innovative liquid outlet design (up to 30% lower than conventional outlet design)
- Improved solid dryness means lower costs for drying or disposal
- Increased capacity with same or less space requirement, for a smaller investment
- Simple installation, easy maintenance.
High speed separators
Recovering oil from decanter heavy phase or sterilizer condensate using high speed separator
A further oil recovery on heavy phase after the oil room decanter or sterilizer condensate are made possible with the high G force technology in Alfa Laval High Speed Separators. Typical oil content in decanter heavy phase and sterilizer condensate are 1% and 1.5% respectively. With Alfa Laval nozzle separator, the oil loss can be further minimized to 0.8%. This improvement of 0.2 - 0.25% of oil loss produces a good recovery which yields a good and fast pay back the capital investment. Alfa Laval offers a mobile trial skid for customer free-of-charge for the above application.
High Speed Separators benefits
- Minimize oil loss to 0.6% - 0.8% on sample (depending on oil content in feed)
- Improved oil extraction rate (OER)
- Compact and high separation efficiency
- Easily quantified
- Fast pay back time
CPO washing for removal of chloride, precursor of 3-MCPDE formation
Alfa Laval CPO washing process has a proven track record that shows that it can achieve more than 90% chloride removal from CPO. CPO washing can be done both in the mill and refinery but doing it in the producing countries helps ensure that the total chloride can be reduced more effectively and oil quality preserved as much as possible. The washing process does not react with oil, but only removes chloride in the moisture content and remove chloride salts that are less soluble. However, mills normally employ a smaller separator namely the VO range, while in refineries a larger separator machine is used i.e the PX range.
Stay ahead of your competition
Wherever you are, Alfa Laval's palm oil competence offices, sales offices and service centres are never far away.
Hear our customer out:
Minimal downtime in high volume palm oil processing
Check out why Kilang Sawit Bukit Bandi insists on proactive service and maintenance in their 24/7 palm oil production.